While there are plenty of screen recorder apps in the iOS app store, none of them offer anywhere near enough decent features and most people have turned to Cydia for their screen recorders. One of the very best, the most downloaded from Cydia was one called AirShou and now anyone can use it, whether they have Cydia or not.
For many people, Cydia is out of reach now but the developers of the screen recorder opted to remove their app from the popular jailbreak store and make it available to all. Even better, it’s all free. But what does AirShou offer that others don’t ?
App Features :
AirShou is one of the most comprehensive screen recorders available today. Where many offer just basic screenshot or very basic video recording features, but this app goes that little bit further:
- It is a powerful app but it is small enough not to be a resource hog on your iPhone or iPad
- It can be used for any recording requirement – a simple screenshot, a full presentation, a how-to video, game progress recording, just about anything you want
- This app makes sharing videos with your friends and family easy
- You can record at up to 1080p at 60fps
- You can even add high-quality stereo sound to your videos.
- The app usage is dead simple – on-screen buttons allow for one-touch start-stop recording
- Loads of other useful and premium features – download to find out what they are
AirShou offers compatibility with all iOS devices on iOS 7 or above, all without a jailbreak. If your device is running iOS 9 or higher, the app has been redeveloped to include extra features:
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch
Download AirShou :
Downloading the app is simple. You won’t find it in the official app store though; because it used to be a Cydia tweak and because it offers premium features, Apple will not allow it in the store. To get it, you will need to follow our tutorial below .
- Launch the Safari browser on your device and click the download button above
- From your home screen, you should be able to see the app installing; you can tap it to track the download progress. Be patient as it will take a minute or two and you can stop and start the download as and when you want
- When you see the app icon on your home screen, the installation has finished; before you use it, open Settings
- Tap on General > Profile and Device Management
- Tap the app profile and then tap the Trust button
- Close your Settings app. From your home screen, tap the app icon and start recording
How to Deal With Errors :
Two errors are likely to raise their heads and both are quite simple to fix. The first is an Untrusted Developer error. Because Apple doesn’t trust the developer they will not let the app run. To fix it, open Settings > General > Profiles and trust the app.
The second is because the ap is not an official app store app. Within a few days of installing the app, Apple is likely to revoke the certificate causing the app to crash and you needing to reinstall it. Get around this by installing a VPN after you install AirShou. This stops Apple from revoking the certificate, and you can enjoy your 3rd party apps in peace.
Easy to Uninstall :
As an aside, it is worth noting that the app developers monitor the app regularly and fix any issues that arise quickly. This keeps the app safe and stops it from causing you any problems. If, however, you decide you no longer want Air Shou on your device, it is very simple to delete.
Air Shou has long proven itself to be one of the most popular screen recorders ever. And, where many Cydia apps won’t work properly outside of the jailbreak store, AirShou does and it offers every single feature to any user without jailbreaking first. It is totally free to download and use, can easily be deleted if needed and is much better than any app in the iOS app store and even better than what Apple themselves offer as a screen recorder.
Give this app a go today; it will cost you nothing but time to try it. Let us know what you think of it and follow us on Facebook for more tips and updates.